Pages

Monday, October 15, 2012

Tween Boy Bedroom {31 Days of Moodboards}

Thanks so much for the positive response on my moodboards, dear readers! They are fun to put together but do take a lot of time, so it's great to hear they are appreciated! You are appreciated too--for reading and for your kind comments.

Now on to today's moodboard.


I decided it would be fun to put together a room for an older boy, something that could grow with him, give him his own space, and not be too thematic or matchy-matchy. I do think at first glance it comes across that way, but once you remove the bottom left section and put it in a hall bath that is shared with other members of the family and/or guests, it's much more subtle.

You can see my love of rustic industrial shining through again! I tried to keep it modern with the clean lines of the bed and dresser, and industrial in general is quite trendy right now anyway!

I gave this young man a large bed to sprawl out on, with reading lights mounted on the wall to keep the side table free for a laptop or ipad or an actual book! There's a sample of some non-girly yellow and gray bedding with an option of charcoal or yellow sheets and a striped duvet and pillow shams. I had to throw in one little bitty extra yellow pillow. Hey, some guys like that kind of stuff! There's a gray dresser and gray drapes--light blocking, of course, for the teenage tenancy to sleep well past sunrise. I also included a small study area, but I know that's mainly a place to store supplies for homework. At least I rarely used my desk to study; it was either on my bed, the floor or somewhere like the dining room table where I could spread out! I also chose to leave out a computer figuring this dude would share a centrally-located family computer or use a laptop.

What do you think? Do you have a not-so-little boy who would like this space? I was thinking it would be a great place to have a chalkboard wall, or moody gray paint on all of the walls. 


I hope you're enjoying this series! I'm taking requests so drop me a line!

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails