Pages

Saturday, October 6, 2012

Spa Bath {31 Days of Moodboards}


I'm having so much fun with this series! I hope you are too. I'm spending my evenings creating beautiful spaces and design ideas at a time that I can't do it in real life. This way is a lot cheaper and much faster which makes it very gratifying!

I put this moodboard together as an idea of how to take your average home's outdated (or just plain bland) bathroom to something fun, comfortable and unique without breaking the bank. It starts with a focal wall of horizontal planks painted white. The other walls get a coat of something like this "silver sage", a blue-green-gray that reads as a neutral but SO much prettier! Then you tile the floor with small pebbles, install a rustic wood vanity with a farmhouse sink on top, hang a round bronze mirror and an old-fashioned basket pendant lamp. Next comes the fun stuff: hooks and a shelf for your bathrobe, a ladder shelf for towels or magazines, a frilly curtain, a wooden bathmat for the tub and a fuzzy white rug for the vanity. The basket pictured above is for laundry, but you could use it as inspiration to create a trash can. Then just sprinkle in a few extra touches like a woven basket (hand towels? toilet paper?), fuzzy slippers, loofahs and sponges and a convenient place to keep them while bathing.

So there you go! Blah builder basic to beautiful bliss!


I hope you enjoyed Day 6 of this series! You can make requests for moodboards for certain rooms or send me a picture of your existing space and I'll come up with a plan that works for you!

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails