Pages

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Jane Austen Read Aloud {Day 15}

This is usually when the 31-Day challenge gets difficult. While I am proud of myself for blogging every day for two weeks, I'm starting to tire of it. Well, no, not tire--more like start putting pressure on myself to A) keep it up; B) have more varied content; C) do more projects to have more content to be able to keep up the blogging.

But, my life is very full as it is. I wear enough hats, have enough on my plate, whatever you want to call it. So I am reminding myself (and you, if it's appropriate) to keep it simple.

So here's something simple and small that adds enjoyment to my day. I love listening to books read aloud so I can work on things around the house. You know, meals and dishes and laundry, and not feel like I'm going to lose my mind enjoy the mental distraction!


Did you know you can listen to great books read aloud on YouTube? It's true. I'm on a big Jane Austen kick and have recently seen several of her books as movies. I usually like the book better than the movie, so I'm listening to all of them read aloud. I particularly enjoy the LibriVox version read Karen Savage. Her voice is beautiful and I enjoy her accent.

Do you like to listen to audiobooks?


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails