Pages

Thursday, October 3, 2013

What I'm Loving Lately

I've missed doing Instagram recaps on Fridays. We didn't have internet for, like, ever, then I was just too busy. Now, in between posting for my 31 Days series, I'd love to share a few of my fondest memories for the month of September. But for some reason, my power cord that connects my phone to my computer won't download anything! I don't know why, and I'm sure there are other ways, but I haven't figured anything out yet. Bummer.

I thought though, for the sake of random blog posts to look back on and remember this time in our lives, I'd share a few things with you that I'm loving lately. So, in no particular order, here they are!

1. These guys.


Seriously, have you ever seen more complete joy? It rained a lot one night this week, so I had the boys wear their rain boots on our walk. Puddle splashing led to this. I meant extra laundry and a muddy back patio, but they were so happy!

2. This recipe.


More correctly, the recipe is for the alfredo sauce. It's cauliflower alfredo. As in there's no cheese or milk in it, making it not only almost no calories, it's also vegan and so so yummy! I mean, it's not the real thing, but our tastebuds are completely happy with it. I'm sure there are lots of recipes out there, but I've been using this one by Veggie On a Penny. Try it!

3. This video.



Oh man, I've gotten so many laughs from this. All I can say is #guilty! #everyoneelseisdoingit #inowusethehandmotiontoannoymyhusband #idontevenhaveatwitteraccount

4. This stuff.


I know, it's not good for me, and honestly I only get one or two a week, but an iced coffee with vanilla and half 'n half is my crack. I instantly go to my happy place. I love vanilla lattes too, but the iced coffee is a little cheaper. It does have to be Starbucks though, for the full effect. #guiltypleasure

5. Doing this.


 Yes, I joined a church choir! We're singing this weekend. I didn't realize how much I was missing it!

6. This place.


That's our homeschool classroom! We're still not officially registered, nor do we have any real curriculum, but it feels good to be creative and structured and have lessons and see them learning! They won't let me skip a day either. I'm so glad to be able to be my boys' teacher!

7. This show.


It's a BBC Scotland production called "Monarch of the Glen" which ended in 2008 or so. I think there are 7 seasons and I just finished Season 6. It's set in Scotland, of course, and tells the story of a laird and his estate. It's funny, touching, and just so real! I feel like several of the characters are my personal friends. #sadiknow

Ok, that's all I have time for now. Hopefully I'll figure out how to download my pictures from my phone again soon. What are some of your favorite things lately?


1 comment:

  1. HAHA! I totally do the hashtag hand motion too :) And your homeschool classroom looks so great!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails