Pages

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Nursery Tour

Welcome to our nursery!


The first thing you'll notice when you enter the room is this big window framed with blue silk curtains and chippy barnboards. You can read about it here.


In front of the window I added a child-sized rocker with a basket of books. Perfect for entertaining big brothers!


To the right of the window is a tall chest of drawers that was recently featured at Better After! So proud of that!
Here is my post about this dresser's amazing transformation.



I love the look of green plants in every room; not only do they add some fresh green to a room, they're good for the air! Yes, that's my middle son in the frame. I need to print some current pictures!


Next to the dresser is my favorite chair. I've had it forever and it rocks and swivels, so it's perfect for nursing and rocking Baby. I've included a small table for my Bible and water, or my laptop so I can try to catch up with my favorite blogs.


 Above the chair is a gallery wall. You can read more about it here.


Baby's crib is next to my chair. It used to be plain wood, but I painted it and installed the board and batten right before Baby was born... and never blogged about it! I will milk this nursery for as many posts as I can do a before-and-after post soon.


No crib is complete without a mobile! Here is what I created (and here is where you can read more about it).


The door to the hall is at the foot of the crib. Besides painting it white, I've done nothing to it, so there's no picture except the glimpse you get of it next to the closet. Here is a post about the closet.


 I added the sign today and thought I'd skip a tutorial cuz everyone has fancy vinyl machines... Not me! This is my trusty sharpie marker and kindergarten teacher skills!


My older boys (ages 2 and 4) love to play in this little nook.


Of course they prefer the bedspread-turned-curtain down so they can hide!


Next to the closet is this vanity I redid, also featured at Better After and blogged about here. You won't believe the before pictures of it! Now it has been reinvented as a changing table. I bet it never saw that one coming! (Looks like a need a bigger basket for Baby's laundry so it will hide the cords!)


I made this sweet little banner using a receiving blanket.


Hope you enjoyed the tour. Thanks for visiting!



 

Thrifty Decor Chick
Cottage & Vine
Transformation Thursday
Weekend Bloggy Reading

18 comments:

  1. Ellie! This is a darling nursery! I want all of the furniture pieces for myself, and the barn board is perfection. You must love walking into the room!
    Abby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything is adorable! I haven't even started thinking about the nursery for boy #4. Probably should get on that. Thanks for a little inspiration and motivation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't see many things I'd call perfect, but I think this really earned it. WONDERFUL...in every way and in every direction. I particularly love the comfy chair with table and Bible beside for those nursing cuddles. I am retroactively jealous, if that makes any sense! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Ellie, it's SO beautiful! Seriously! The gallery wall is PERFECT and I somehow missed the barnwood valance! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This nursery is Awesome! I love all the vintage and rustic elements in there! Thanks for stopping by!

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the blog visit this morning! The nursery is beautiful! I love the personal and rustic touches.

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful room! I especially love the furniture and colour scheme. Come over and see my boy's nursery if you have the time. www.simcoestreet.blogspot.com
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous, peaceful, serene room, without being too grown-up. I love it! I'm visiting from Amanda's party.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Most gorgeous nursery ever! I just adore the barn boards. The quilt for a curtain is fabulous too. You are soooo talented.

    ReplyDelete
  10. absolutely gorgeous room!
    lovely.
    cheryl xox.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful!!! I love all the details you added, and especially the gallery wall!
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful nursery!! I love the mobile!!! I'm going to have try this one!!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous!!! I love it! I'm going to FB/Tweet it. Thank you for linking up!

    Anna
    www.askannamoseley.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I featured this today at my party!

    http://delightfulorder.blogspot.com/2011/09/delightfully-inspiring-thursday-party_14.html

    Come over and grab a Delightful Order Button for your blog, if you'd like.

    DaNita

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow--you did a great job. Especially love the barn board valance. What a fun mix of rustic and chic with those silk curtains! I'm visiting from the blog hop & just posted my son's nursery today.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ellie! It is beautiful! What a creative spot to repurpose wood! It's just fabulous!

    I'm your newest follower!
    Holly
    lifeasathrifter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. so many great elements. The reclaimed wood valance! That one I have to share on my FB page, since Blue Velvet Chair focuses on repurposed and recycled design and decor. I also love the vanity dresser used for your changing table. Great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's actually quite hard now to find wooden rocking chairs. I love the old style look to the retro ones. I try to pick them up when I see them at garage sales.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails