When I imagined how the baby's room would look, I pictured drop cloth curtains.
I even bought the drop cloths and washed them!
But the board and batten was so pretty and white ...
And I already had these silk ones...
And they were the perfect shade of blue!
Quite coincidently, cuz I mixed paints I had to make the nursery's blue.
I had my husband rig up this contraption a couple years ago when I first painted the nursery a warm brown. I hung sheers from the curtain rod, then used tacks to hang fabric from the plywood to make a sort of valance. (Sorry no before photos in this post--I'll do a before & after when the nursery is done. Only two more projects!)
I wanted to keep the look of the valance, but the brown no longer matched.
Enter barn boards!
I tried to use scraps to hold the two boards together, but it didn't work. Oops!
I ended up using 2x4 scraps in three places and screwing them in as screws hold better than nails. My husband hung the boards (very securely, don't worry!) with a little modification to the frame that was already on the wall.
I love how the pretty, shiny silk looks next to the crusty, grungy boards!
I'm loving how this room is coming together!
Thanks for visiting,