Pages

Friday, July 22, 2011

Nursery Reveal: Gallery Wall

I posted this on Facebook yesterday:
It's hard to get projects done around my real job!

I'm sure all you moms out there know what I'm talking about. You wouldn't think it would take several days to get a few things hung on a wall, but it did for me this week. It seemed there was never a chunk of time to get it done!

Guess how much this gallery wall cost? No? Ok, I'll tell you! $1!!


I know, I know, major blogger faux pas--nighttime pictures. Please refer to above paragraph!


I also use a point-and-shoot camera! Another faux pas! 


I really like how this gallery wall came together. And all for $1!


Oh, look! Daylight pictures! Yeah, my flash still went off and the blue looks too blue.


My husband made this star for our first married Christmas tree. Aw... 
I like the natural element and the texture it brings.


This is a Creative Memories item. I'm using it for a calendar to mark all of baby's firsts. 
(I have to admit, I'm not doing so well keeping up on this! Third child syndrome!)


I love the idea of displaying a special outfit as art! So cute!

I chose this tan knit Wendy Bellissimo puppy outfit to bring some warmth to the wall. This outfit was a gift from my dad and his wife for our oldest. I just hung the hanger from a loop of ribbon attached to the back of the picture frame--nothing permanent. I plan to switch it to something else if and when the mood strikes.


This is where I spent the big bucks. A whole dollar! At the one yard sale I've been to all summer.

First I gave the frame a couple coats of spray paint (it was brown), then I threaded twine thru the staples sticking out of the back of the frame. You know, the ones that should be holding the glass, the photo or art, and the back of the frame together? The ones that kill your fingers when you decide to pry them off to switch out the picture? Yeah, those!


I've had this little star mirror for longer than I've had kids. It's painted metal of some kind--tin? My Mom bought it at our favorite coffee shop near her old house. Where she still lived when she bought it. Where we all used to live, like, when we were still kids. 


This lovely piece of fencing will soon display baby's name. At this point in the game, all I wanted to do was get. everything. on. the. wall. Now.


This piece is a couple inches deep and opens up. There are little hooks inside for keys. Before it found a home in the nursery, it was in storage for a few years. Before that, I used it in my condo during my single days. Before that, my BFF/SIL used it in her apartment. Before that it was for sale somewhere. Ross? Before that it was probably made is some factory with special attention to making it look old and shabby... Even though it was brand new. Hmm.

So there you have my nursery gallery wall for $1!

And I can get a good night's sleep knowing I got a project done today!

I love my real job.



UndertheTableandDreaming 

Todays Creative BlogThetootsiewootsie
Photobucket
A Little Knick KnackThe Shabby Nest

20 comments:

  1. I love the wall, and the outfit idea!

    Sometimes point and shoot cameras are the best :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The gallery wall looks terrific! I love the mix of items you used. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your wall looks terrific! Nice choice of accessories. Very creative and unique!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How totally cute!!

    Hope you will please drop by and enter my $50 Overstock.com Gift Card Giveaway!! Hometalk has said if I get 500 entries, they will increase the Gift Card to $100.
    Honey

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow!! this is amazing!!! I love how every memory is documented as art!! very cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can relate to the feeling of just.getting.something.done. The wall looks wonderful for your $1 investment.

    Blessings!

    Christa
    Chloe Rose

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the wall and love the night shots. Looks great. Thanks for joining WUW.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really, really cute! And I love how you used things you already had. I've been trying to do that more lately instead of buying more "stuff"! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this and would like to feature it next week! :) It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ellie,
    I am so impressed with the star! What a great idea, and it looks so adorable!
    I think your night shots are really warm and inviting. There is a wonderful glow. Maybe you will start a new trend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey! I really like the way this wall turned out. So many precious things to treasure and look at instead of packed away in drawer.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love it all, the framed outfit, the star, the details...everything is just so great!! Good job and great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a great idea! I can totally relate to things taking so long to finish. Can you imagine if we were just home without kids all day every day? We'd be rockstars! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love all the different elements you incorporated. Great job!

    2027

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your gallery wall!! I saw it featured on Under the Table and Dreaming and had to stop over to tell you how much I like it!! Adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. featured this today! it's fantastic!
    www.kimboscrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful room! Found you over at AGAAGG. and don't feel so bad about the point and shoot-I still use one too-one day I'll get around to upgrading! New follower here!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your gallery wall and can totally relate to not having time around my real job to get many projects done. I count myself good if the family room gets vacuumed and the floors are swept lately.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails