Pages

Friday, July 15, 2011

New Chairs

I'm a stocker.

Of craigslist. What were you thinking?

I've been searching for "new" chairs for awhile. This week I found a set!




They were only $30 for both!





They're clean and in good shape.





But mauve? No thanks!


I plan on making slip covers from canvas drop clothes, a la Miss Mustard Seed. Ok, and the rest of the blogosphere...


Here are some of my inspiration pictures:

I like how this one looks a grain sack.

Love the ruffle, grain sack look & monogram

Perfect example of what mine could look like.

My sewing skills are at the beginner level, so I hope I'm not biting off more than I can chew! I know I'll be spending lots of time watching Miss Mustard Seed's how-to videos.

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't do the mauve either. I've never been brave enough for slip covers or upholstery. Can't wait to see the chairs' new clothes!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails