Pages

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

A Chalkboard {DIY Art}


Today is the 9th day of my series!


I've had this chalkboard for about a million years. Minus 999,987. As in, I remember writing certain initials on it in 7th grade!


Currently, my chalkboard lives in my son's room with a cute saying on it: So, there's this boy... he kinda stole my heart. He calls me Mommy! Pretty much sums it up.

Although my chalkboard was always a chalkboard, I did re-paint it a few years ago. It was scratched and didn't erase well, so I used chalkboard spraypaint and gave it a new life. You could easily make one with a large, framed thrift-store painting, for example. Just tape off the frame and give the painting a few coats of spraypaint. Or spray the glass in a large picture frame you don't use.

Chalkboards are so much fun! Do you have one?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails