Pages

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Progress

Last night I finally unpacked my suitcase and moved into our new closet! So far we're loving our new room and the boys enjoy their larger bedroom. We still have a discouragingly long road ahead until our house is back to normal, but today, for the sake of my own courage, I want to focus on what has been done!


Yes, both my husband and I can fit our clothes and shoes into one small closet! I'll do a real before-and-after when it's done, but just a couple weeks ago the closet looked like this:


Doesn't look like the same space, does it?

~

I'm so glad to be done painting our bedroom. Here's where we are now:


Not at all finished, but a big improvement! 
Baby thinks so!


It's not the same angel, but here's a picture with the colors this room was last week. Yes, those stripes were a PAIN to paint over!


Here's something I'm loving:


No, not the ceiling fan--which I do enjoy, thanks--but I'm talking about the ceiling color! Isn't it awesome?! I'm so glad I took the time to paint it. More on that later too.

~

So far all I've done in the boys' room is paint it this lovely grassy John Deere green. Not exactly what I had in mind, but that's what happens when you skip the paint testing phase. I'm not sure I would have done much better if I had tested the paint color, because it would be a lot different in a swatch versus the whole room. 


We do live in John Deere country. Maybe I'll just embrace it. 

Or not. I have PLANS! They involve maps. I have my family and friends collecting maps. If you have some you want to donate to a good cause, let me know in the comments and I'll email you my address! Thanks!

The plans also involve stripes. In the closet and a window treatment. Too much? I hope not!

Well, off to work I go! Today my goals are to make bread, prime and paint the base coat on the boys' closet, and to conquer Mt. Stank, aka: Laundry Mountain. 

Yes, Grandma, we need you!


Day 13

4 comments:

  1. It's looking great! I can't let the hubs see these pics, though. He'll want me to start getting rid of some shoes & clothes. I'm so impressed with how little room you need closet-wise. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the ceiling color. So serene. The boys' color is fun. Can't wait to see everything finished. I know whatever you do will turn out great.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails