With those images in mind, here's what would be fun to do. I spent approximately 37 seconds on Craigslist Sacramento and found this:
2000 Wildwood trailer for $9,300. It's 25 feet long, has a slideout, and sleeps six. It comes fully equipped with a stove and oven, full size fridge and freezer, central heat and air, a tub and shower unit and a private back bedroom with a queen walk-around bed.
Care to see my vision?
For the kitchen and dining area:
- Leave the wood cabinets because starting to paint all the wood is a huge commitment!
- Install a gooseneck, pull-out faucet
- Add drawer pulls and cabinet knobs
- Paint the counters to look like granite
- Install beadboard--either paneling or wall paper--as a backsplash
- Use a runner to define the space--I picked a navy one with a trellis pattern
- Recover the banquet seating in a fun green and navy stripe; add accent pillows if you have room
- Paint the built-in hutch to look like a separate piece of furniture; add bright dishes for accents
- Accessorize with natural elements (baskets, a live plant, a bowl of fresh fruit, etc.)
- Paint the walls a color you love; I picked a sagey green for the kitchen and living area
- Exchange the sofa for one in a neutral color, preferably a sleeper
- Add a playful, colorful rug
- Install floor-length curtains (if there's room!)
- Accessorize with colorful pillows, DIY art and other touches that make it feel like home (a lamp, a stack of books, a throw blanket, etc.)
- Paint the walls either sage green
- Put beadboard on the vanity wall
- Install a real mirror
- Put in a new faucet
- Install bright knobs
- Paint the counter top to update it
- Install a real shower curtain; I used one with a fun, colorful pattern
- Use bath mats and towels in your color scheme
- Paint the walls gray-blue
- Use pretty bedding that you love (and make your bed!)
- Install real curtains in a coordinating color
- Use a colorful area rug, even if it's a tiny one beside the bed
Ok, then! Do any of you have a pretty trailer? Would you consider living in one full or part time?