Pages

Monday, April 30, 2012

Inspiration Files: Storage-Packed Kitchen

I couldn't resist another kitchen to feature for our Monday Inspiration. Take a look and you'll see why! (All images from BHG via Pinterest--click on the links below each picture for original descriptions and sources.)

Source: bhg.com via Ellie on Pinterest


I love this kitchen. There are so many things about it that I have earmarked for my own kitchen renovation. But, let me say that while I adore the style of this kitchen and the amazing storage it features, the finishes? Not so much! Shiny counters that would reflect every crumb? No thanks. Mirrored tile backsplash? Not me. And the colors! Fun and trendy--sure, but my style? Nope. 

When THEY (you know you want to, BHG!) come and re-do my kitchen, we'll go a tad whiter on the top and few shades grayer without so much yellow on the bottom. The backsplash can be beadboard, the counters butcher block, and the ceiling can be light blue. PERFECTION!

Source: bhg.com via Ellie on Pinterest


Anyway, this was supposed to be about the awesome storage-packed inspiring kitchen. And it is! The peninsula doubles as a bar (and while it's cool, it's a feature I don't need--do you?) and the neato archway has hidden storage in it!

Source: bhg.com via Ellie on Pinterest


This cabinet beside the stove features pull-out trays so things don't get lost. Do you know how many times I've had to lay in an awkward position with the baby crawling on me to try to find a lid that is lost somewhere in the back corner?

Notice also the handy appliance garage tucked into the corner? I want one!

Source: bhg.com via Ellie on Pinterest


Here, BHG is showing you the trash compactor and the double dishwasher drawers between the double sink areas. Sigh... People, some of us don't have ANY dishwashers. You go and get two fancy drawer units? Please. And two sinks? I know it makes sense and I can see why one would need want that, but all I can see is twice the area for dishes to pile up!

Did you see the fun upper unit? I love it! It's just enough show-off without too much look-at-me going on. I like the corbels under the upper cabinet units too. 

Source: bhg.com via Ellie on Pinterest


Two built in fridges. See above. But I like how they disappear into the cabinets. Have you noticed the shiny bar above the fridges?

Source: bhg.com via Ellie on Pinterest


Yes! A library ladder! I love-love-love that! It goes all the way around the kitchen. Super groovy! I like the handy little shelf that slides out under the pantry unit. Handy, I say!

Source: bhg.com via Ellie on Pinterest


Ah, one last look at the deliciousness that belongs in my house. Totally modified, of course. We do get a good glimpse of the island here--it's pretty much ignored the rest of the tour! I like how it is a different color with a different counter material. I'll take it. 

So what inspired you about this kitchen? Do you love the storage? The layout? The style? The cream and citron? Or are you distracted by all things shiny? 

Dear BHG,

I fully agree to a complete kitchen remodel. I will let you use fun colors and modern accents. I will accept two of everything, if that is what will make you happy. In return you can style and photograph my new kitchen from all angles and plaster the images all over your website and Pinterest and I'll take no credit. Just give me two days to pack up my kitchen before you start your demo.

Yours truly, 

3 comments:

  1. I love all the storage in the kitchen. REALLY nice. After all, what kitchen EVER has enough? I would probably go for a stone countertop though and I am not crazy about the green. I could live with the 2 tone cream but the green would have to be toned down for me. Great post! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. This kitchen is gorgeous! And I love the green color on the cabinets!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ellie!

    That's MY kitchen! BHG did it for me when they came to my house...

    Okay... just kidding... but wouldn't that be just the best thing to happen to us?!

    Please let BHG know that when they are finished with your house that I am next in line!

    xoxo Bunny Jean

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails