Pages

Monday, April 9, 2012

Inspiration Files: Blue Ceilings

You might remember that our new master bedroom has a blue ceiling. I can't tell you how much we love it! It gives our otherwise neutral, color-safe room some real personality, and it's just so pretty to look at!



I don't have any other ceilings in my home that are slated to get a coat or two of blue paint, but I thought we might look at some other spaces with blue ceilings.

Of course there is the typical blue-ceiling porch. I've heard it's called 'haint' blue to keep the haints (haunts) away. I've also heard it keeps wasps from setting up house on your porch because they think it's the wild blue yonder. Who knows what of that is true, but it sure is pretty!

 
Source: pinterestoffer.com via Mayers on Pinterest







Blue ceilings have moved inside--they're not just for porches anymore! Living rooms, bathrooms, kitchens and more are being brightened up with the addition of a blue ceiling.















Is it just me, or are most of those ceilings planked? I didn't notice that when I was pinning them, but what a great way to draw attention to a beautiful planked ceiling? Below are a few more images where a blue ceiling makes the architecture of the room stand out--whether coiffured or wainscoted or simple walls with crown molding. 










Don't worry--if the architecture in your home isn't something to call attention to, you can always fake a beautiful trim with duct tape like I did!


So, who's coming to the store with me to get some blue paint for a ceiling in your home?

3 comments:

  1. I love that blue ceiling in your bedroom and of course the old door. It looks soo cosy.

    Hugs Bente

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a blue ceiling, Ellie- We always had one on our front porch until we moved to this house. I also plan on doing a blue ceiling in a small lower bathroom. Love your inspiration pictures here. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never realized how beautiful blue could be a ceiling. I want to paint my ceiling blue now.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails