Pages

Saturday, October 20, 2012

My Wanna-be Living Room {31 Days of Moodboards}


Welcome home! I wish this was my home! I love the colors and textures and style and just everything.

Let's start from the bones of an empty room. I'd like hardwood floors, some board and batten and a fireplace focal wall. The one shown has rustic wood paneling--gorgeous! I pictured white grommet-top curtains (I have blue ones in storage which would work just fine) and a lovely patterned rug from Pier 1 full of gray blues, sage green, some tan and a color that's either deep red or brown--so I went with the red!

For furniture I included two wingbacks (I have them, just need to recover them--love it done in grainsack) and a leather sectional. With subway word art and a collage wall, we've got all of my favorite things!

I know I always include a million pillows in these moodboards. I didn't know I loved pillows that much! My kids (and husband) always take them off of chairs and couches, so I don't keep more than two or three around in real life. It's just such a great way to pull different colors and textures out of the rug! Here I included several different groups depending on your style, mood, the season, etc.

Will you come over and hang out with me in my pretty living room? Yay!


I hope you're enjoying this series as much as I am! It's giving me a great outlet for design when I'm stuck in dorm living and don't know where our next house will be. Let me know if I can do anything to help you create a beautiful space in your home!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails