Pages

Monday, August 20, 2012

Inspiration Files: A Small, Organized Home

It's been a long time since I've shared some inspiration with you! I just love this home! If you do too, please visit the original story to see more and to pin the images. Thanks!


I originally came across this 600 square foot home tour through Pinterest, of course, which took me to Better Homes & Gardens. It was the kitchen, naturally, that really caught my eye! I love the beadboard, wood counters, oil-rubbed bronze stools and bin pulls.


It has great organizational techniques too! I want a pantry like this to hide a microwave and toaster, and fun bins for staples!


This tiny table with a couple more stools that match the ones at the counter is a great space for eating a meal, blogging or paying bills. I love the basket organizer, the beadboard (again) and that table!


The living room is bright and cheery and cozy. I'm still not a fan of white slipcovered furniture--am I the only one? I think this space would look as nice with a leather couch, and I would put a refinished dresser under the TV, but I love the blue and green color scheme, as well as the stripes! BHG.com tells us the couch is a sleeper sofa and the built-in is a trundle bed, so this space doubles as a guest room!


There is great storage throughout this small home, like this office space here as well as built-ins in the small hallway.


I'm in love with the pebble floor in this bathroom! The vanity with the shelf and baskets is right up my alley as well.


Here's a peek at a bedroom with a built-in bed and drawers below to act as a dresser. 


Here are those hallway built-ins! You could store anything here, from books and magazines to extra dishes as it's right by the kitchen. Make it pretty with some baskets and picture frames and no one will know how hard this space works for you.

To see more, please visit "One Story Storage" at BHG.com. I'd also appreciate it if you pin these images from BHG, not from here. Thanks!

So who wants a small home? I do! Especially one organized and styled like this! I'd have to have a huge yard though, with my three littles underfoot.

Are you inspired?

3 comments:

  1. That is a really cute little house- I t just goes to show you how a little house can really live BIG- Blessings to you -xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the thing... It looks like this 600 sq ft house is meant for 2....neat and tidy adults. With your crowd, you'd need 1500 ft ++ to do the same? Also, the great outdoors to help out, of course. :-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails