Pages

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

6 Vegetarian Recipes We Love

Whenever I come across recipes that the whole family likes, I try to keep track of them. I recently started a new Pinterest board called Repeat Recipes so I can remember which ones we liked! I thought I'd share a few of our newest favorites here too.


Are you on the spiralizer bandwagon? I just got a small one and it's ok. I should have saved up and gotten something bigger, but oh well!

I loved this Sweet & Sour Cucumber Salad by Peas & Crayons. Very fresh and light.


Again with the spiralizer, I love zucchini noodles with pesto! I saute the noodles because I prefer the flavor, and usually I skip roasting the tomatoes and just make a bruschetta-like topping with fresh tomatoes, garlic, basil and balsamic vinegar. Yum! Credit for the photo and recipe idea go to A House in the Hills.


I adore curry. I cook curry frequently. But this Pioneer Woman recipe for Chickpea Curry is seriously my favorite curry ever. My kids loved it and leftovers (I made a double batch) were even better. Super easy and really good!


Don't you just adore summer produce? We moved this summer and weren't able to put in a garden, but church members have given us lots of eggplant, zucchini and tomatoes. This Eggplant Caprese Salad from BHG is a great way to get a light meal and use up some of that produce!


Here's my other go-to recipe when we have lots of fresh produce! Ratatouille! I'll make a big batch of this to put with pasta as a potluck dish. It's fresh, healthy and inexpensive.


No one can fool me into thinking spaghetti squash=pasta. But it's a healthier alternative for when you're watching your carbs, and this Spaghetti Squash Chow Mein is a great meal.

There you go, six vegetarian summer dishes that are heavy on the veggies! Except the curry. That's just heavy on the deliciousness and you need to try it ASAP! Just eat a big cucumber salad for lunch and you'll be fine. What are some of your favorite meals lately?

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting these, I can't wait to try the chickpea curry! I'm always looking for husband approved meatless dishes. I have a feeling this one will be a winner.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails