Pages

Friday, July 30, 2010

Menu Board

Ever since I saw this post over at Under The Table and Dreaming by the talented Stephanie Lynn, I knew I wanted to do my own version of it. (Not the only time that has happened--Stephanie Lynn's blog is SO inspiring!)


Stephanie Lynn's amazing Menu Board

I finally gathered my supplies and put it together this week! And I LOVE it!!!

A picture frame with glass

A grain sack found in the barn!
(Curious? Read more about our cool old barn!)

I cut the grain sack around the piece of cardboard from my frame.

Then I put stickers (from Michael's) onto tags (from Walmart).

Next I put everything together.

I actually taped the sack material to the back of the cardboard with packaging tape! It was too thick to use the nice back of the picture frame, but the burlap keeps things nice and tight! I didn't tape or glue the tags and circles down at all--they're stuck in place just by the pressure.

Then I filled in my menu! 

Hint: Don't have a dry-erase marker? Just use a sharpie! It wipes right off with window cleaner.

I hung my menu board on the wall behind my stove. 

Finally, I stood back and enjoyed! 

Thanks again, Stephanie Lynn, for the inspiration!

I'm linking up! Follow the links for LOTS of inspiration from talented bloggers. To see how I changed my recipe holder to match my decor, go here. To see the rest of my making-it-work kitchen, go here

~Ellie








UndertheTableandDreaming

















11 comments:

  1. Love it Ellie! Anything burlap/grain sack is perfection in my eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CUTE and I never thought of that space over the oven as a place to decorate! Thanks for the idea:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my!! I absolutely adore this...you did such a great job:) thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea! I'm just starting to menu plan, and this looks like a great (and cute!) way to keep track!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ellie you did a fabulous job! I remember seeing this too and wanting to try it. I am having a before and after party in which I have every other Wed...I hope you join in my link is up now. I also do a garage salen party every Friday that is fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea. It looks amazing. I'm hosting We're Organized Wednesday this week and would love for you to join the party. There's a giveaway this week too. Hope to see you there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks great and I love the little tags!
    I am hosting a link party this weekend about words/quotes. Your menu board would be a great addition. Please consider stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this idea. So cleaver!

    I have a bunch of frames sitting around...I need to try this.

    Also, I loved your painted light fixture (aren't you so glad it's done)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for linking up to www.thetshirtdiaries.com. I am having a Stash-Busting September party. Check the blog for details soon...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails