Pages

Monday, August 23, 2010

A Gift for Grandpa

My awesome in-laws were here this weekend. I am one of those lucky (blessed!) people who love their in-laws! They are wonderfully helpful and supportive. They and the boys have a mutual adoration thing going on, and it's so fun to live relatively close (a day's drive) to them so they can see their grandbabies grow up.

We were given some crabapples and my MIL and I spent an afternoon making freezer jam. Did we take pictures? Nope.

On Sunday we went to a neighbor's house and picked up as many apples as we could. They weren't great apples and wouldn't keep long, so we made applesauce. Not including picking time (which was hot and sweaty) it took the 4 of us 8 hours to process all of the apples. We made 33 quarts. 

Did we take pictures? Nope.

*sigh*

I did take pictures of the Father's Day gift we finally gave my FIL. Yes, I know it's August.


Back in June (see, I had good intentions!!!) I took a piece of plywood and sanded down the face just a little bit.


I slapped on a coat in my favorite brown house paint.



When the paint was dry, I used more house paint to stencil 'Grandpa' on the board.

When THAT was done, I put on handprints of the boys using, you guessed it, more house paint.


I wrote their names and ages with a sharpie.

My husband drilled holes and threaded them with twine so Grandpa could hang the sign. Here it is completed:


I think he liked it.





center>Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special




3 comments:

  1. That's such a great gift idea! I'm glad that you have wonderful in-laws, trust me, I know how awful it is when you don't! = )

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is TOO cute, Ellie! I love it! It turned out absolutely adorable -- what a great gift! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally fabulous!!!

    I think we're going to have to borrow this for the holiday's this year.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails