Pages

Friday, October 2, 2015

My Kitchen {Moodboard}

So there's this house.

I love it. My husband loves it. It's perfect for our family and is even the right price.

But we're not ready to buy a house yet!

If we DID buy it though, it would need some work--part of why it's perfect for us. Just for fun, I created a moodboard of what I'd like to do in the kitchen. Because some day!


That kitchen in the center? Love it! I want to include so many things from that kitchen! It's a Fixer Upper kitchen, so of course it's dreamy. I like the gray lower cabinets with white uppers, the island shape and size, the stools, the range hood and the shape of the pendant lights. I might choose something less glam and shiny though.

The backsplash in the main picture is amazing, but it's not really me. I would prefer beadboard for the backsplash. Our upper cabinets would be plain white, not beadboard, so there's the balance.

There are two windows in the kitchen of the house we're not buying. I would add bamboo blinds. I love how the color warms up the gray. There are wood floors so that would warm it up too. I love the look and practicality of butcher block counter tops, but I'm not sure I'd want them with the wood floor. Suggestions?

I've wanted a farmhouse sink forever, and I like how it looks with the gray cabinets. We have a black fridge that is brand new and the house we're not buying has a black oven. I'd love to build, I mean, I'd love to have Gary build a hood over the stove like my inspiration picture!

The rustic shelves are just perfect. I'm not sure they'd end up in the kitchen, though they made it to the inspiration board! Gary has been wanting to build us a farm style table and I like the mix of the metal Tolix chairs and benches.

So now that it's all planned out, all we have to do is wait! For the right time to buy, for our baby girl to join the family, for winter to pass, and for the house to still be available. Right?

A girl can dream!



To give credit where credit is due, here are the sources for the pictures I used above:

Bamboo blind: Young House Love
Farmhouse sink: HGTV {Fixer Upper}
Table and chairs: Apartment Therapy
White and gray kitchen: HGTV {Fixer Upper}
Rustic shelves: Our Vintage Home Love
Butcher block counter: Newlywoodwords
Black oven: Navy Bean Lane

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails