Pages

Monday, October 5, 2015

Forty

Today is my 40th birthday.


I really think I skipped a decade somewhere. When I was a girl I thought people who were 40 were old! And they definitely had their act together.

Honestly I've been struggling the last few days. Not so much with becoming 40, but with celebrating a milestone birthday without my family. It's times like these that I miss my mom and dad and brother and sister-in-law and friends that have known me a long time. It can be tough living long-distance from your loved ones!

Of course I do have a lot to be thankful for. I thought I'd list 40 of them in honor of my big birthday.

1. My family.

2. Our health.


3. Our baby girl (due in 8 weeks!).


4. The phone calls I'll get throughout today.

5. The part of the country we live in.


6. Fall colors.


7. My #walk365 project.

8. Walking my 365th mile on my birthday!


9. A healthy pregnancy.

10. A free birthday drink at Starbucks!


10. My iPhone.

11. Facebook. I've never had so many birthday wishes!

12. Gelato.


12. Instant Messenger so I can chat constantly with my BFF.

13. This guy.


14. My husband's new job.

15. A steady income.

16. Coconut rice with lime and cilantro.

17. New hikes all the time.


18. Coldplay radio on Pandora.

19. Our couches.


20. New friends who gave us a crib.

21. Mashed cauliflower.

22. This band of brothers.


23. Internet.

24. "Fixer Upper" with Chip and Joanna Gaines.

25. My thyroid meds.

26. Presents to open on my birthday. (Thanks mom!)

27. Photo editing.


28. My son's school.


29. The possibility of owning a home again.

30. Possibly maybe putting this kitchen in our new home.


31. Blogger fall home tours. So many pretty homes!

32. This online journal.

33. Pinterest

34. Getting to decorate for a girl!



35. Listening to the Bible on my walks.

36. This idea of Jesus by Mark Keathley.


37. And this one. Same artist.


38. Fall weather means my jean jacket gets worn a lot!

39. Maxi skirts still fit in the third trimester.

40. It's 10 more years until another milestone birthday!

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails