Are you into New Year's Resolutions? I'm not.
In the days before a new year starts I do like to think about what's happened in the last year and what I'd like to see happen in the New Year. I guess I like to think of them as a giant to-do list rather than resolve.
So here goes, 11 goals for 2011!
1. Knock down a wall or two and install flooring like this:
Photo courtesy of The Shabby Chic Cottage
2. Complete a mini-makeover in the bathroom which involves this:
3. Make bunkbeds:
Reader photo from Ana White's blog
4. Paint the boys' room and move them in together. This means organizing their closets, new quilts from my MIL, and moving J2 from a crib to a bottom bunk.
5. Build a greenhouse like this one at my in-laws':
6. Deliver a happy, healthy baby in May! I'd like to find a cozy chair for the baby's room, and if by some remote chance we have a baby girl, there will definitely be some PINK additions to this room!
7. Finish refinishing these:
8. Fix basement walls. We have brick walls that have a couple cracks that aren't exactly watertight. This involves some heavy machinery, digging to expose the walls, and pouring new concrete supports. When it's done we'll be able to landscape and take baby steps toward finishing the inside of the basement too!
9. Set up an Etsy shop. Sell things like this:
10. Install new doors and paint the closets, trim and walls in the hall.
11. Celebrate our 5th wedding anniversary!
Ok, fine, here are the more esoteric goals that are hard to cross off a to-do list! Be a better wife & Mommy; exercise; garden; study my Bible; eat more veggies; improve my blog; potty train J2; challenge J1 with crafts and activities; travel; spend less time online; organize the storage room; sing; go on long walks; figure out how to grocery shop with more children than I have hands; get rid of "stuff" we don't need; play with my kids; organize & print photos; try new recipes; read; take time for myself...
What are your goals for 2011?