Pages

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Pregnancy Update-36 Weeks

How Far Along: 36 Weeks! Only a month left!!!

Size of baby: Approximately 6 pounds and 18 1/2 inches. 


Maternity Clothes: Um, at 36 weeks nothing non-maternity fits anymore!

Gender: I wish I knew!!! I'm carrying this baby way out in front but also low. What do you think it is?!

Movement: Lots and lots! There are definite active and resting times during the day and night. It's funny how well you can see the baby move now--it must be getting tight in there!

What I miss: Being able to stand/walk comfortably for more than a few minutes! I get so tired! I'm still checking off the DIY projects though! This week I'm painting baby's crib and I bought supplies for a wall treatment/paint project in the nursery too.

Sleep: It's been better the last couple weeks! My hips aren't hurting as much. 

Symptoms: I'm still getting some heartburn but it's usually not that bad. My swelling is better--just my ankles and a little on my feet. Eating more veggies and protein and staying very hydrated really really helps with that! I try to rest for an hour when my boys rest and I don't let myself do projects in the evening, I just sit and read or blog. When I do stand or walk for awhile I get pretty strong braxton hicks and have some ligament pain and cramping sometimes. Only a few more weeks!

Best Moment This Week: For some reason the baby's features have become real to me recently. Like I can really picture what a newborn looks like, with scrunched up eyes and round cheeks... So cute!

What I am looking forward to: I'm SO excited to meet this baby, know if it's a boy or girl and give it a name! Then the cuddling and getting-to-know-you and showing my boys their little brother/sister. So fun!


3 comments:

  1. You're in the homestretch now. With DIYers it's hard to know when the "nesting" phenomenon is signaling imminent birth because we're always nesting. Can't wait to meet your new little one. Thanks for sharing. Don't forget to stop by tomorrow for my Before Blogging Throwback Thursdays party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cherish these last weeks with Little One tucked safely inside where you hold him or her 24/7. It's a hard time but a special time. Ahhhh, I miss those days.

    I'm excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. not much longer now Ellie! Its getting so exciting- I have 8 weeks to go, and just starting to get heartburn and sore hips....but cant wait to meet the little one!

    I also am down low and out inf ront, and have no idea, so we will be watching to see what your munchkin is!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails