Pages

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Thrifty Makeover

I went to our church's giant yard sale this weekend, quite by accident. I only had $3 cash, so that's what I decided to spend. :) I walked around, picking up several different things, and finally decided on this.


I have a little (but growing!) collection of glass serving dishes and thought this tray would be a nice addition. Veggies and dip, crackers and hummus, salad toppings and dressing, taco toppings and salsa... See?! 


AND I loved that it was on a lazy susan! That would be a very useful in the middle of the table for salt and napkins and peanut butter and all of those things that live there. Cool!

My dear husband pointed out that the round bowl in the center should have a lid. 

Sigh...

Oh well. $3, baby. 

I decided, however, to make my $3 investment look like it belonged in my house. Besides, there were a couple rusty spots on the tray.


Tray, meet my friends, Flat Black and ORB.

Quick coat of flat black:

Looking shiny and pretty!

Much better!

Remember this?

Now:

You've come a long way, baby!

~Ellie


Linked to:


HouseofGrace

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails