Pages

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Thankful Tree (DIY Art)

Well, maybe it's more like a branch.


Whatever it is, I like it. 


This is not an original idea. We've all seen different versions of thankful trees on blogs or Pinterest. 


For some reason the area behind our house has stacks of branches. On a walk last week I chose a likely victim, not too big, not too branchy. I asked the boys to collect rocks to help the branch stand upright and keep the watering can weighed down.


I had some tags on hand, something I found at Walmart in the office supply section. I jotted down a few things I'm thankful for and hung the tags on the tree.


Jonathan was super excited to add a few of his own tags, so I helped him write "mommy" and "daddy" and "my guardian angel". Love that kid!


There are so many ways you could personalize this idea! You could glam it up by using a beautiful vase and spray-painting your branch a bright color, then hanging tags with glitter or by using small Christmas tree ornaments to add a little bling. Mine is a little natural, a little rustic, a little neutral and, since I had the tags already, completely free! 


This might be a stretch, but I'm totally counting this as art. It's architectural, sculptural and organic. Definitely my idea of art! Not to mention I'm wrapping up this series a good 20 days late, so I'll take what I can get!

Day 28. Boom!


1 comment:

  1. Hi Ellie - That is really a cute idea. Hope you and your family are all doing well- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails