Pages

Thursday, May 23, 2013

Our Move According to Instagram

When we first moved to Ohio we didn't have internet. Once we did, we were up to our elbows in unpacking. Then my computer decided that it didn't want to connect to the internet anymore and I had to wait to get a new part for it. By then I was just exhausted, tired of moving, unpacking and fixing stuff, and the last thing I wanted to do when I wasn't unpacking was chat on my blog about unpacking! Well, I'm not done completely, but there are no more boxes sitting around. I crammed a couple in the basement and in my closet that need to get unpacked like... well, like two weeks ago. But now that I'm not tripping on them, I haven't unpacked anything in a couple weeks and it feels good!

All that to say, I think I'm ready to talk about the move itself.

At least an Instagram summary of it.

Ready? We have to travel way back in time to March. Our move took place in two stages: First we packed our temporary things we had in Missouri, then we drove to Iowa and moved everything into a moving van. Then we drove to Ohio where we camped out on the floor of our borrowed home for a few nights before our stuff caught up with us. Then we lived with wall-to-wall boxes and I wanted to throw up if I even saw another box... Fun times! 

But it looks and feels like home. So, yay! 

Ok, finally, here we go!

 A few pictures of the wonderful home we got to share for three months. We are so blessed by the generosity of my in-laws. Right before we left we rearranged the furniture. I was also trying to capture a few of the memories of just hanging out with Grandma and Grandpa.

 Crazy how you can love three little guys so much!!!

Stage 1 of our move! Three of the world's best little travelers, some common sights in Iowa--yes, there was snow on the ground while we packed the truck. It melted and there was mud everywhere. Yuck! As if loading the truck isn't bad enough!

We were blessed to have lots of help from church members. The boys enjoyed being at their "home" Sabbath School too!

 On Sunday we started our drive to Ohio. There was some pretty yucky weather along the way! We were so glad not to be pulling a trailer or driving our own Uhaul. By Monday when we got to Mt. Vernon, we were greeted by pretty snow on the ground! We share a driveway with the church and yes, that's our house on the bottom right.

 The utilities were on and we had our suitcases with us, but we were sleeping and on the floor for a couple days! Kinda fun, but I'm glad that's all behind us. Also glad for no more moving trucks or stacks of boxes. Ugh.

Gradually things have begun to feel like home! You all know I really like the kitchen here. The boys are enjoying all being in the same room. There's much more about Spring, settling in Ohio and about our family, but I'll save that for next time.

Are you on Instagram? I'd love to follow you--I'm GibsonGirl726.

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails