Pages

Monday, November 7, 2011

Mashed Sweet Potatoes for Baby


Hi! Baby Ashes here. I want to tell you how Mommy makes one of my favorite things to eat!


Mashed sweet potatoes!


They're so good, I ate a big bowl of them! Mommy says they're really good for me too.
According to this website, sweet potatoes are "low in Sodium, and very low in Saturated Fat and Cholesterol. It is also a good source of Dietary Fiber, Vitamin B6 and Potassium, and a very good source of Vitamin A, Vitamin C and Manganese." They are also easy to grow in our garden and easy to cook.


Sweet potatoes are naturally sweet so even babies like me love them!


Start with raw sweet potatoes. Give the skins a good scrub under running water.


Pop them in a 400-degree oven on a foil-lined tray to minimize clean-up, then go play with your baby for awhile.

That's me!


After an hour ... or two for huge sweet potatoes, your house should smell yummy and the skins on the spuds should be loose. Like this:


Take the potatoes out of the oven and let them cool for awhile.


I think that means more time with Baby!!!



When they're cool enough too handle, slice potatoes in half and scoop out the good stuff.


That means I get to eat them soon!


Add some salt and a tablespoon or two of butter--this is a serving size bowl. Oh, Mommy took my portion out before adding the butter.


Just mash it up and the most delicious sweet potatoes ever are ready to eat!


Well, Mommy likes to make things look pretty.


What? Do I have something on my face?
I hope you love these mashed sweet potatoes as much as I do!


~Baby Ashes standing in for 

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a sweet little potato eating dumpling to me! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute - I want some too! Todd added blue cheese and pecans!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cutie! Love sweet potatoes, and they're always a hit with the kids. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails