Pages

Sunday, October 23, 2011

About Me

I thought I would share a few random things about myself so we can get to know each other better. Just for kicks, I've thrown in one thing that isn't true. Can you catch which one? Tell me what you guessed in the comments! Ready?


I was born on October 5th, 1975. You can do the math, but I'll swear to you I'm just celebrating the anniversary of my 28th birthday over and over. (And over!)


I grew up in a middle class family who settled in California, the older of two children. We both got straight A's and graduated with honors.

via

I worked at summer camp for NINE summers! One camp I worked at for six summers (along with my brother, my best friend and many other school friends) was in Yosemite. I feel I owe a great deal of who I am to those summers at camp!

via
  
In college I majored in Liberal Studies with an emphasis in Fine Arts and a CA State teaching license. I taught Kindergarten for seven years, taking them on all of the prerequisite field trips.



My brother is now a rocket scientist who married my BFF.


I have been able to go to London and Paris several times and even spent a school year in Italy.



I learned enough French is school to be able to order at restaurants and, of course, this Parisian Starbucks.


After completing my Master's Degree in Educational Leadership over a few summers, I was able to go on a cruise to Mexico. It was so much fun!


But one summer I had too much time on my hands and came home with a splurge purchase: My dream car! Have you ever bought a car on a whim? Hmm. Good thing I was single!



Speaking of which... I met my husband, well, the man who would become my husband, in August 2005.



We married on July 2, 2006. Yes, that's 11 months if you round up.


We welcomed our first baby boy in May 2007, our second in May 2009, and our third in May 2011. We didn't plan their birthdays to be in the same month--in fact two of them were actually due in April.


Now I'm a stay-at-home Mom who cooks (mostly) vegan meals from scratch while entertaining a preschooler, a toddler and a baby while organizing closets and toys and crafts in the middle of painting various rooms or refinishing random furniture in our fixer-upper house in the middle of the corn fields somewhere in Iowa!

So there you have it! I would like to thank Heather from The Black's Best for awarding me this:


I was supposed to just share 7 things about me, but I guess I stretched it a little! Maybe if we group things by category...
Now I get to pass on the award to 7 other bloggers! And the award goes to:

Sarah at The Thriftress
Vanessa & Heather from At the Picket Fence

~~~~~~~

Don't forget to guess which of the facts about me is actually fiction!


Day 23

1 comment:

  1. What a fun, fact-filled post. It is nice to get to know you better. I see that you liked teaching kindy so much that you decided to start your own! Love your 3 little guys with Spring birthdays. My last 3 kids were born in a 4 year period...plus I had an older child. I SOOO get what you go through! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails