Pages

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

What's for Lunch?

What tastes better than hot soup when you're snowed in? Not much!

source: AllPosters.com

Ashli from Maillardville Manor included this link to a tomato soup recipe in her menu plan for this week. It's a new family favorite that I'm sure we'll be seeing a lot. We're planning to make it with fresh tomatoes this summer and canning it for use next winter. Yum!

I served the soup with garlic toast and steamed broccoli with a vegan "cheese" sauce (made from cashews, seasonings and nutritional yeast). My boys gobbled everything up and wanted more ... of the broccoli! 


I must be doing something right.


3 comments:

  1. They asked for more broccoli! GO YOU!!!! That rocks! =) Those are my favorite words ever "more vegetables please!" ahhh its music to me ears!

    xoXOxo
    Jenn @ Peas & Crayons

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting my blog! My kids have yet to eat vegan 'cheese.' They'll eat broccoli, but only with a little garlic salt. I however, will eat the vegan cheese sauce with a spoon. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails