Pages

Monday, March 2, 2015

Reading Nook {Moodboard}

I've been thinking lately how nice it would be to have a spot to curl up with the laptop or a book and have some quiet time for reading or getting online projects done. This could be a corner of a master bedroom, a guest room with a sitting area, a nook at the top of the stairs, or a finished section of the basement.

Here's what I came up with.



I love "natural" textures and finishes, so I chose a leather chesterfield loveseat, a grass green rug, a tree stump table and several live plants. I selected a leaf print as art, along with a few other favorites to make a gallery wall. I kept the area neutral other than the natural green and brown, and focused on adding texture. I added the room divider to help separate the nook from traffic or another section of the room. I like how it adds privacy too.

This is a first for me, and I haven't been compensated, but I was asked to put this moodboard together by Chairish, an online store for vintage furniture. I based my design on the Grass Green Abrash Turkish Rug. I found the wood and bronze floor lamp, as well as the leaf print, French farmhouse pillow, and bronze pouf at Chairish too. Chairish is an exclusive, curator approved, online marketplace for vintage and used furniture and accessories. It's a lot of fun to browse their website!

Do you have room in your home for a reading nook?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails