Pages

Thursday, September 24, 2015

Big Girl Room {Moodboard}

It's been awhile since I've shared a moodboard of a space I'd like to design, so I thought I'd share a little glimpse of what I'd like to do for our baby girl in a few years. You know, since she's not even born yet (10 weeks left!) and will at first need a crib and changing table.

Big Girl Room
I'd like to start with soft gray walls and use a mix-and-match set of antique-ish furniture I refinished years ago and is usually our guest room furniture. It includes a double bed that will get a pin tucked up-grade, a vanity and tall dresser.

Next, I'd like to layer in the pink or something equally girly. I think I've shared before that if I had had a baby girl first I wouldn't do much pink. But since I've had three boys first, PINK it up! Of course there needs to be a girly, pretty light fixture too!

I like the chevron rug in contrast with the pink frilly bedding. White accessories go great with the white dresser and vanity. Both pieces have dark wood tops, and the bed frame is natural wood as well. An old trunk or hope chest would be a great place for treasures, or just extra bedding.

Isn't the dollhouse/book case cute? I'd love to find an old doll house and fix it up, or have Gary make one for our little girl.

A few weeks ago I shared my Baby Girl Nursery Moodboard. I didn't use all the same pieces, but my intention is to have much of the same art, dresser and rug be the same. Who else is loving pink and gray and white?

It's so fun to dream, even if it's still a couple years off!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails