When J1 turned 1 we bought a $20 rug from Lowe's for his big boy room. Sometime in the last few months, one of the edges has begun to fray. It just MIGHT have been helped along by a certain 3-year-old boy, but I don't really have evidence to prove it!
No, the carpet isn't purple! I used a towel to catch hot glue drips!
Since the edging of the carpet was still hanging on, I decided to try hot gluing it back together.
I started with the back because I haven't used a hot glue gun in YEARS! Not sure why, cuz it worked perfectly today!
The glue squished through just a little, but the edging stayed put after I reattached it.
Yay! The back is done!
The front was a little trickier because the gluing surface wasn't flat, but I got it to work.
Here it is, all finished and as good as new! Hot glue to the rescue!
(Yes, I know, refinishing the floor is high on the list of home improvements!)
Now #9 on my list of typical blogger projects can be checked off!