Pages

Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Life Lately: January 2016

Well hello there! I really disappeared! Again. For two months.

But I'm back now and have high hopes for my blog this year. More of that later; for now I'd like to catch the blog up on the last few weeks of 2015.


November was the last month of my pregnancy. I finally really started to slow down. I kept walking (post to come)

and kept up my healthy habits and doctor appointments and non-stress tests for the baby and posting weekly pictures of my ever-growing tummy (post to come).


And then on November 30, our daughter was born!

Jocelyn's birth was a planned c-section and everything went fine. The whole thing was bigger and scarier and has taken longer to heal than I had thought, and it's been harder to adjust to having a newborn again. I'll write up her birth story for posterity, eventually.

Jocelyn, 5 Days Old
I do think that things are returning to normal, or becoming our new normal as we adjust to being a family of 6. The boys are such good big brothers! They are just enamored with their baby sister, and have been very loving and helpful.


We had three simple Christmas celebrations, one with each of the Grandmas who came to meet Jocelyn and help out during those tough first weeks. We also celebrated with just our family on Christmas Day.


This winter in Northern Idaho has been very snowy, but coming from almost 10 years in the Midwest, it's also pretty and warm(er)!


In the Midwest, snow is usually accompanied by wind, and after the snow stops falling there is more wind, and it's just so cold! Here there's no wind and temperatures seem to stick to around 30, so the snow sticks to trees and fences and the roads stay clear. Much better!


 So Merry Christmas from our family to yours, and Happy New Year!


 Thanks for reading my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails