You know we're planning to move to Scotland, right? I've been searching expat blogs and found a fun one! Mary from My Life in Scotland has become a daily read, and today she posted a fun "about me" post. I thought I'd cheat a little and re-post this one from a year and a half ago. The pictures are even older than that, but still, it's fun.
Tell me in the comments which piece of trivia is FALSE!
1) I was born on October 5th, 1975. You can do the math, but I'll swear to you I'm just celebrating the anniversary of my 28th birthday over and over. (And over!)
2) I grew up in a middle class family who settled in California, the older of two children. We both got straight A's and graduated with honors.
3) I worked at summer camp for EIGHT summers! One camp I worked at for five summers (along with my brother, my best friend and many other school friends) was in Yosemite. I feel I owe a great deal of who I am to those summers at camp!
4) In college I majored in Liberal Studies with an emphasis in Fine Arts and a CA State teaching license. I taught Kindergarten for seven years, taking them on all of the prerequisite field trips.
5) My brother is now a rocket scientist who married my BFF.
6) I have been able to go to London and Paris several times and even spent a school year in Italy.
7) I learned enough French is school to be able to order at restaurants and this Parisian Starbucks.
8) After completing my Master's Degree in Educational Leadership over a few summers, I was able to go on a cruise to Mexico. It was so much fun!
9) But one summer I had too much time on my hands and came home with a splurge purchase: My dream car! Have you ever bought a car on a whim? Hmm. Good thing I was single!
10) Speaking of which... I met my husband, well, the man who would become my husband, in August 2005. He lived in Iowa, I lived in Nevada. We exchanged emails on the 17th, talked on the phone for the first time on the 20th and met in person in St. Louis on September 2nd of the same year.
11) We married on July 2, 2006. Yes, that's 11 months if you round up. We had never lived in the same state or spent more than two weeks around each other. We didn't go on a honeymoon, just moved to a new house in Iowa. That honeymoon has yet to happen!
12) We welcomed our first baby boy in May 2007, our second in May 2009, and our third in May 2011. We didn't plan their birthdays to be in the same month--in fact two of them were actually due in April.
13) Now I'm a stay-at-home Mom who cooks (mostly) vegan meals from scratch while entertaining a preschooler, a toddler and a baby while organizing closets and toys and crafts in the middle of painting various rooms or refinishing random furniture in our fixer-upper house in the middle of the corn fields somewhere in Iowa!
I guess I'll update it with this:
14) NOW my husband has completed his education and has a job as a dean/Bible teacher at an academy in Ohio. We'll be living there by the end of the month.
15) Ohio is an awesome opportunity right now, but it also is a gap-filler until we get our funding and training finished so we can be missionaries in Scotland!
So there you have it!
Don't forget to guess which of the facts about me is actually fiction!