Pages

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Welcome Spring!

I'm sitting here with the wind rattling the windows and lightning flashing all around. It's Spring in Iowa, alright! 


I added some Spring blossoms to my watering can that I found in the barn last spring. I love the look! 


I'm not one to change my decor seasonally. I might grow into it, but once I find  a look I like, I usually leave it for a couple years. Like this display on a bookshelf I pretend is a hutch in the kitchen. The window and watering can are from the barn, the dessert rose dishes belonged to my Grandma, the birdhouse was a thriftstore find that's at 11 or so years old, and the crooked-looking (I swear it's not!) topiary is something I put together from Michael's back in 2000.

Cuz I know you care! (wink) 


I made my son a strawberry-rhubarb crisp for his birthday. It's our rhubarb, but our strawberries aren't producing yet. Can't wait till they do!

How is Spring treating you?

2 comments:

  1. Yum! Strawberry-rhubarb crisp sounds wonderful! You'll have to share your recipe sometime. Love the new branches! Very pretty! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. our lilac is about to bloom! Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails